Saturday 8 March 2014

Massive update, greenhouses and propagators, seeds and flowers!

I've been very busy lately, with repotting, planting, transplanting, building a greenhouse, and so on.


Greenhouse

First things first, the Greenhouse was finished a while ago,


Although I haven't been able to use it yet as I've been recording temperatures as low as minus 1 celsius. Which...well....is too cold by a fair way. 

Good weather is forecast though! Happy times! 



Growing Update 

Seedlings have become young plants already:







Well ahead of normal growing, the bigger plants are mainly Super Chilli with some Apache and Cherry bomb mixed in, and they were sown in mid December so I'm happy about that.

As in my other post, the overwintered and totally lopped scotch bonnet is also doing well, flowers by the tonne already.


More Seeds!


So - well, given that I blew all my seeds in Dec/Jan really and now have none left to sow in March when you're actually supposed to sow them, I thought I'd get more.

We have Naga Morich



and also this awesome list of seeds:

Peter Pepper in Red Yellow and Orange (separate packets!)
Aji Lemon
Birdseye  (the Thai one)
Thai Dragon
Hot Lemon (this one is lemon flavoured!)
More Monkey Face
Fatalii yellow.

They're all already in the propagator!



More Propagators!

So, I bought another small electric propagator. Then, I went into Aldi (a German discount supermarket emporium here in the UK) and they'd reduced their electric propagators to £5, so I had to buy the remaining 2. I mean, some places charge £5 for a lid!

So my total electric propagator army is now 5 strong. Excessive? Well, maybe not, because they're all currently FULL!

Propagators at full capacity! And yes, that is a Duran Duran vinyl. So what?



Other news

I've had a lot of buds on the new plants, they're too small really to be having flowers, I think. I'm considering what to do. I've already pinched some buds off, but from what I recall of last year, the early buds do tend to grow into full chillies, so I might leave some. Still thinking about that.

I've also somehow begun growing tomatoes. Well, they're just fat round chillies with no heat aren't they? I'll try to keep this blog "tomato free" but they might creep in now and then ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment