Saturday 28 December 2013

Another Propagator, and some lighting

I was in homebase on boxing day, and there was a 20% sale, so I bought a propagator, and some desk lamps.




The propagator - it's a Stewart Essentials 52cm non variable model. I must say, I prefer the Sankey one I bought the other week, that one has a lid that's a lot stronger, and it also came with seed trays and capillary matting. But, nevermind, it's a big beast and it will hold 20 small pots, so I am pretty happy with that.

I will be planting stuff in there as soon as I can get the matting.




I already have the LED bulbs for the desk lamps, they're REON 4 Watt 3000K GU10 bulbs, and they kick out 290 lumen each. I don't plan to use them for the plants long term, and they're on a "sunny windowsill" when the sun actually shines, so it's just a bit of extra light to try to compensate for how early it is. I bought them for product photography, but right now I need some extra lighting for these seedlings, so why not?

The lamps are awesome though, you can twist them to any angle. They only cost about £10 each after the bank holiday reduction. I'd have probably bought more if they had any!


No comments:

Post a Comment