Friday 8 November 2013

An Experiment: What happens if you grow chillis out of season?

 Well, it's November and that's normally the end of growing for most of us. But, I've definitely got a strange situation here. I planted cherry bomb very late, in June, and it's still flowering and still fruiting.

And my apache is still fruiting too.

So this lead me to wonder, what exactly does happen if you plant chilli seeds totally out of season? Do they grow at all? Do they grow well?

Of course, I'm growing indoors in what you'd call a "warm centrally heated house" behind double glazing and I do have the option of grow lights although I'd rather not spend the money on electricity.

The curiosity alone is making me do this, and a google search didn't bring up anything, so it's got to be tried.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment