Wednesday 14 May 2014

May Update - First Chilli Eaten!

Been very busy with chilli plants, repotting like mad. With the warmer weather of end April / Beginning May, the plants really took off, especially those with the prime real estate in the south facing bay window.

I'm repotting into "final" pots, 15cm (6 inch). I think for some plants this won't be final, but for a lot of them, example super chilli, apache, this will be the final pots. We'll see. Certainly final for now.

First Chilli


So, I thought super chilli or last year's scotch bonnet might be the first chilli that I ate, but no. An apache plant grown from seed on the 15th December took the honours. Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take a photo of it, but here's it chopped up ready to eat.


Hot? You bet.

More chillies are on their way from Super Chilli, and Apache plants. And the overwintered scotch bonnet finally got round to the idea of not throwing away its flowers and actually has some fruits coming!



Plenty of tiny scotch bonnets coming along there! I've had a lot of trouble coaxing this plant into action. The soil is constantly wet and I can't get the transpiration rates up, I've even tried replacing the compost. That's why the leaves look a bit yellowy, it's not enjoying the damp. I've put a fan on it the last few days in the hopes it might help, it gets full sun so I'm not really sure I understand what's going on, but, I guess sometimes you get that kind of thing.

The rest

Apache doing well - this one gave the first fruit

Super chilli "F2"

Bhut Jolokia doing well!



Rather a lot of foliage on this windowsill now!



No comments:

Post a Comment