Sunday 19 January 2014

A New Macro Lens - And Some Minor Trouble...

I'm happy to have got hold of a 1:1 macro lens, finally. 1:1 means the image on "film" (digital in this case) is exactly the same size as in real life. That means an insect like a small spider, or a tiny leaf from a seedling, will take up the entire camera photo. That means I can now take some stunning close ups.

Although, of course it's still only capable of taking photos as well as I am :)

If you fancy macro photography, you can't beat a 1:1 macro. Most "macro" lenses aren't true 1:1 macro, the difference is, well, big.



And so on to the bad news. Well, to be quite honest it's nothing. One of the three bhut seedlings has a funny leaf curling and browning. I imagine it's probably going to recover but in all these kinds of cases I absolutely always quarantine. You just never know.

Probably just light+water burn or perhaps got a bit chilly overnight....but can't be too careful



No comments:

Post a Comment